BOSASNet provides general public education on substance use and addiction through:
● Mass media (radio, newspapers, and television)
● Information brochures and billboards
BOSASNet also provides specialized services to fit the needs of organisations through:
● Wellness day information stalls and screening services
● Tailored presentations
Educational talks .
BOSASNet has a BQA Accredited Foundation Level Substance Abuse and Dependency Counsellor Certification Programme consisting of 10 modules.
● Full programme training
● Modular training for selected personnel in various organisations
● Module 10 Practicum Placement opportunities at BOSASNet and other clinical institutions
BOSASNet provides outpatient rehabilitation and support services to people suffering from or affected by substance use and addiction.
● Screening and Assessment Services
● Individual and Group Counselling Services
● Family Support Groups and Family Counselling Services
● Appropriate referrals to other service providers where possible
For this year's Substance Abuse Awareness Month (SAAM), BOSASNet is raising awareness about how Substance Use Disorders (SUD) impacts the spread of HIV and Gender-Based Violence (GBV) in Botswana. There are several organisations who offer services to address the needs in the areas of GBV, HIV, and SUD. Most of these organisations offer services that focus only on one of the issues listed above; therefore, service providers have to refer their clients to appropriate organisations that can assist with needs that are outside of their scope.